Sunday 2 February 2014

Event Catering: CSO

On the January 25th I had the privilege to cater for the Western Caribbean Students Organization (CSO) cultural show event.  This was my first time catering for the group of 150 people and overall it was a great success.

A few months before the event, I invited the executive team over to my house to taste a variety of Caribbean food.  After eating, they had the opportunity to select their menu for the event.  The menu consisted of: Heavenly Crunch cookies, cupcakes, Sweet Potato Puffs, grilled peppers and zucchini, macaroni pie, meatless lasagne, rice and peas, and jerk chicken.


I'm very anal about serving fresh food so, I cooked everything the day of the event (except the cookies).  The day started at 8am with my sous-chef helping me with the prep.  By 9am the chicken was in the oven ready to begin it's slow bake.  Once that was out of they way, my cooking schedule was in full effect:  prep vegetables, rice and peas, lasagne, macaroni pie, and finally, grilling the vegetables.  I finished cooking all the food by 4pm - right on time.










7 comments:

  1. Hey buddy, we also hired Event Catering services for our annual office party at corporate event venues San Francisco. This event was so huge and had been arranged by a popular event planning firm. The planner suggested us one of best Catering and decoration services.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, great blog, but I don’t understand how to add your site in my rss reader. Can you Help me please? home catering melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. read more here

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more!business cards melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great survey. I'm sure you're getting a great response. click here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here. home catering melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you looking for best corporate caterers based in Melbourne? IQ Catering is a professional catering service company which ensures great service. For Catering Melbourne, contact us.

    ReplyDelete